Supporting Our Troops
I’m honored, privileged, and humbled by the opportunity to represent the greatest fighting force on the face of earth, Phantom Warrior’s at Ft. Hood, Texas. I carry this badge of honor throughout my daily prayers, committee work on Defense Subcommittee on Appropriations and Co-Chairman of the Army Caucus.
I will provide the same commitment our men and women and their families provide for the citizens of the United States of America to secure the funds to allow them to continue being the beacon of Liberty throughout the World. In addition, that commitment follows those heroes’ home to the spouses and their families whose sacrifice shall never be overlooked!
For our service members:
- I passed a bill that gave military personnel a pay raise and improved military housing.
- I fought to establish a tenant’s bill of rights for our military to address housing concerns.
- I passed legislation to exempt survivor benefits from the crushing Alternative Minimum Tax.
- I fought to close the loophole on military installations that allowed juvenile-on-juvenile sexual crimes to go unprosecuted.
- …and more.
For our veterans:
- I secured $9.4 billion for programs to assist homeless veterans.
- I fought for $1.5 billion for suicide prevention programs.
- I worked to secure two new VA clinics in Bell County and expand the Cedar Park VA.
- I sponsored the Veterans Transplant Coverage Act, which updates the Veteran Choice Program to ensure all veterans have access to live-donor organ transplants.
- I co-sponsored the PAWS for Veterans Therapy Act Puppies Assisting Wounded Servicemembers for Veterans Therapy Act.
- …and more.
Military and Veteran issues hit a little closer to home for our constituents. That’s why it’s so important that we keep fighting so hard for our service members and veterans, not just in Fort Hood, but across our nation and the world. If you agree, sign your name below >>>