I’m proud to continue fighting for more Texas in Washington and less Washington in Texas! Recently in April, there were numerous opportunities for me to continue to fight for our Texas values. Here are some examples of what I’ve been working on:
- Held the IRS accountable by supporting bills (H.R. 1206 and H.R. 4890) ensuring IRS employees, the very people responsible for collecting taxes from every American, pay their own taxes as well as banning IRS employee bonuses until they can demonstrate improved customer service.
- Supported our troops by including language (identical to my standalone bill, the READI Act) to prohibit illegal aliens from being housed on military installations in the FY2017 National Defense Authorization Act (H.R.4909).
- Showcased the enormous value of Fort Hood to our national security during a Williamson County VIP Day. In DC, I hosted a classified briefing with General Milley (Chief of Staff, US Army) highlighting the risk our forces face from a steep decline in defense spending.
- Stood by our veterans by voting for legislation (H.R.4676) to penalize scam artists that blatantly engage in schemes to defraud a veteran of his or her benefits. I also supported the VA funding bill (H.R. 4974) which provides $81.6 billion to house, train, and equip our military personnel.
- Cosponsored legislation (H.R. 711) that ensures Social Security is fairly applied to hard-working Texas teachers, police officers, firefighters, and other public servants.
It is an honor to cast a vote for you in the House of Representatives each week. I thank you for your continued support!