I’m fighting to bring more Texas to Washington and less Washington to Texas! As we move into autumn, I want to update you on my work as I represent central Texas in Congress. During the past seven months I have:
- Passed and Authored H.R. 4584, the POLICE Act, which authorizes grant funding to train first responders to effectively deal with active shooter threats like we’ve seen at Fort Hood. This legislation was signed into law by the President on July 22, 2016.
- Introduced the Veterans Transplant Coverage Act (H.R. 5734), which updates the Veteran Choice Program to ensure all veterans have access to live-donor organ transplants, regardless of whether or not the organ donor is a veteran.
- Included language from my bill, H.R. 4537, the Resist Executive Amnesty on Defense Installations (READI) Act, in the FY2017 National Defense Authorization Act. This legislation will prohibit illegal aliens from being housed on military installations.
- Supported appropriations bills that preserve Texans’ control over Texas waters as well as prohibit the IRS from targeting individuals for exercising their First Amendment rights. The House appropriations bills limit executive overreach and bureaucratic red tape that infringe on the rights of Americans and stifle economic growth.
- Authored the FY2017 DHS Appropriations bill (H.R. 5634) which includes funding to increase border security, detain illegal immigrants, protect our critical networks from cyber-attacks, and provide TSA with resources to reduce wait times at our nation’s airports.
It is an honor to work for you in the U.S. House of Representatives. I thank you for your continued support!