Just a couple of weeks into the Trump Administration and the 115th Congress, and we are off to a record pace of implementing change for the better for all Americans. Since the beginning of January, I have voted and supported the following on behalf of TX31:
- Introduced H.R. 367, the Duncan-Carter Hearing Protection Act, which cuts through red tape surrounding the ownership of firearm suppressors, expanding access to hearing protection and increasing the safety of Texas sportsmen.
- Voted for the Fiscal Year 17 Budget Resolution, beginning the process of repealing Obamacare and replacing it with a healthcare system that encourages patient choice and increases access to quality healthcare.
- Introduced H.R. 495, the Protection of Children Act, which closes loopholes in immigration law dealing with unaccompanied alien children and expedites their return home.
- Been elected to serve as Chair of Homeland Security Appropriations, as well as serving on the Defense Appropriations Subcommittee and the Commerce, Justice, Science Subcommittee.
- Voted to support H.R. 7, ensuring that no tax payer funding will ever be used to fund abortion or support abortion practices.
- Supported legislation to rein in executive overreach through burdensome regulations, including H.R. 5, the Regulatory Accountability Act, H.R. 26, the REINS Act, and H.R. 21, the Midnight Rules Relief Act.
- Supported President Trump’s executive actions on border security, regulatory reform, military preparedness, and national security that will bring real, positive change to Texans.
- Supported President Trump’s executive action that allows for the construction of the Keystone XL and Dakota pipelines. These two projects alone will create tens or thousands of jobs, and support hundreds of thousands of other jobs.
- Supported President Trump’s executive action that lessens regulator burden and costs.
I look forward to working with my colleagues and President Trump as we repeal and replace Obamacare, reform our tax code, secure our border, invest in our infrastructure, and reduce the regulatory burden on small business and other job creators.